Thursday, October 17, 2013

Hi everyone, well, I was going to talk about a poem I wrote back in the early 2000 but I have moved  five times in the last eight years and the poem is pack away in the dark pit of my storage unit. So I thought to try my hand at writing something new but I only have a few days to write a phenomenal piece.
I will instead give a shout out to some of my favorite writers of today. They range form sci-fi to suspense. I love a good story that is well written and light on the bad language. So here a list of some of my favorites Frank Peretti, John Grisham, Dean Koontz, Dee Henderson, Lee Childs, James Patterson, Ted Dekker, Karen Blackstone, Steven James, and Stephen King.  This is just a sample of the authors I read. I also read a lot of classics authors too, such as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Edgar Allen Poe. I feel that when a person reads for entertainment, you can also gain knowledge.  When a historical figure or event happens in a novel it helps me to remember that fact for a class. I pass early American History by reading all the bicentennial novels by John Jakes.
I also appreciate  some of the people in my multi media class, they have move me to tears and laughs in their blogs, videos and podcasts. I enjoy to see those around me use their creative side in their work that they have done so far.
There is someone I  know that touch me in her blogs, my friend Margaret Montreuil, she write inspirational and motivational pieces. She know how to touch the heart of a person and inspires them to reach out and grow in your faith. She also written christian books and devotionals, I actually had the pleasure of helping her  when she wrote a sequel to one book titled God in Sandals. The second book is His Kingdom Come, I was able to read her first drafts and help make suggestions for parts of the book. Seeing a writer in action made me appreciate the books I read for all the work that a author goes thru from the rewrites, or editing the work, to finally get it publish.
I hope you enjoy this blog and for those who also love to read I hope the next book you read entertains you and maybe even teach you something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment